Monday, November 24, 2008

In the vile train station of the heart

All we were trained to do was dismantle things, of course. So in the absence of any other instructions I took the bed apart, and then the parts of the bed apart, and then the parts themselves. The question now is how to store them. I have no tags to tag the parts, nor waterproof pencil with which to mark details on the tags. No paper at all. I'm concerned of course as to what may or may not be possible if I'm called upon to put the bed back together again at short notice. And, apart from the fact that I have learned nothing and recorded absolutely nothing from the exercise, what if- even if I do manage to reassemble it more or less soundly- a girl, for instance, jumps upon it and is injured?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home