Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"And you'll see all the wonders of No Man's Land if a whiz-bang gets you""

Doom. Doom. Doom. Percussion of guns in the distance. Howitzers, I'd say. Doom. Doom. I had no idea that Saint Feasance's hospital was so close to the front. Doom.

Doom. Doom. Breakfast was late again this morning. And still no word on when the high-and-mighty Professor-Doctor Nyfenfork might get around to performing whatever operation it is that he has decided I require (files lost again). Doom. Doom. Doom.

Doom. And the eggs, when they finally come, are tiny. One is forced to cut the soldiers especially thin to get any yellow on the end at all- doom- No mean feat with the blunt-edged instruments they expect us to eat with. Doomdoomdoom.

The other night there was steak for tea. Do you think the blessed butter-knife they gave me could make any purchase on the thing, let alone cut into it? Doom. However, the chips were very acceptable.

Doom. Doom. The ease-of-cutting dotted lines a couple of Nyfenfork's juniors drew on my body are starting to fade. That's how long it's been. Doom.

Doomdoom. I had no idea Saint Feasance's hospital was so close to the front. I had no idea there was even a war on.

Doom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home